REPORTS TO: Human Resources, Intern Coordinator
Those seeking an internship in administrative services should have or be working towards their associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, English, Communications or related fields.
Administrative interns will be responsible for assisting the administrative assistant, human resources representative, office manager and executive director as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help with word processing, filing, faxing, and copy making
- Assist Human Resources with the maintenance of employee files
- Become familiar with and follow basic HIPAA statutes
- Edit and create training and orientation materials
- Answer and direct calls as administrative assistant needs help
- Participate in hiring process
- Learn how to use electronic medical records (EMR)
- Assist with training and development projects
- Learn how to use human resource software system
- Assist with the development and review of MSSI’s employee policy and procedure manual
- Observe how to effectively and efficiently run an office while maintaining client privacy