Associate Degree or High School Diploma or higher.
Staff are knowledgeable and able to implement an effective care plan with recipients. They are also able to communicate and respond appropriately to clients’ specific needs.
- Redirection and intervention for behavior, including observation and monitoring
- Assistance with food, nutrition and diet activities
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming and hair washing as needed in order to keep proper personal hygiene
- Assistance with monitoring self administered medication
- Accompanying clients to medical and other appointments as needed
- When appropriate, work with clients to enhance their ability to remain at home with their family members
- Assisting, monitoring or prompting clients to complete tasks in school, home or in the community
- Assistance with incidental household services that are an integral part of a personal care service in the above items
Other responsibilities also include supervision, social interaction, behavior guidance and assistance with self-care; and
- Perform other duties as needed or as requested by client.