Adult Foster Care
This service is designed to provide secure, nurturing and homelike environment for our clients. The Adult Foster Care Service is designed for adults who are unable to live independently due to physical, emotional, or mental health disabilities.
We provide 24 hour supervision and residents receive support and assistance as needed with daily living skills.
Children/Adolescent Respite Program
This program is short term care that helps a family take a break from the daily routine and stress. It can be provided in the client’s home or in a variety of out of home settings. The basic outline of our foster care services includes the following:
- General 24-hour on-site supervision and hands-on service as needed
- Assistance with daily activities
- Assistance with outings or community activities if appropriate
- Arranging transportation
- Providing activities and socialization
- Meal preparation and feeding of clients
- Medication administration as needed
Youth Transition Program
MSSI Youth Transitional Program is designed to provide housing and other specific intervention strategies to enable adolescents and youth remain in their community.
While these clients are spending their weekend with us, we will focus mostly on activities in the community. Each client will be encouraged to be as involved as their skills and abilities will permit. Activities will consist of things like going to the movies, science museum, camp snoopy, underwater world, bowling, different sporting activities consisting of indoor and outdoor events/games, etc. As appropriate, we will also work with individual clients based on their needs in the following areas:
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Behavioral Skills
- Community Resource Utilization and Integration Skills
- Crisis Assistance
- Relapse Prevention Skills
- Health Care Directives
- Budgeting and shopping skills
- Healthy lifestyle skills and practices
- Cooking and nutrition skills
- Mental Illness Symptom Management Skills
- Household management skills
- Employment-related skills
Our goal is to support our clients, equip them with necessary social skills provide vital support for the entire family. MSSI will assist and work with clients and families to:
- Provide clients with skills that can help build family cohesion, reduce anxiety and increase ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Decrease problematic behavior and help develop the strengths and skills needed to become a functioning member of the community
- Provide training, supervision and assistance in the development of skills needed for maintaining activities of daily living.
- Provide the support, monitoring and guidance needed by clients in the reduction and/or elimination of maladaptive behaviors.
- Assist client with the development of a realistic crisis plan and crisis intervention strategies.
- Work with client to develop a strong community survival skill such as communication and socialization skills.