REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Mental Health Practitioners, Mental Health Professionals
The therapist must be a Licensed Mental Health Professional (Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor). He/she must have at least 2 years’ experience with individual and family therapy. The therapist should also have some supervisory experience and be able to collaborate with other professionals.
The therapist is responsible for providing culturally competent and sensitive therapeutic and educational interventions and services to youths and families who have been referred to MSSI’s mental health programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as primary therapist to develop treatment plans that focus on intensive family engagement
- Work with clients, families and other involved individuals (i.e. school personal, probation officers, mentors, etc.)
- Provide individual, family and group therapy
- Perform diagnostic assessments (DA) and develop individual treatment plans (ITP) as needed
- Develop service plans, discharge summaries, progress notes and other documents as required
- Monitor the quality of overall treatment services to clients and evaluate the adequacy of these services to meet treatment objectives
- Possess a working knowledge of licensing and accreditation standards and work with other disciplines to utilize educational opportunities and resources offered by the agency
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, therapist meetings and any others deemed as necessary by the Executive Director